RELEASE - Monday, July 16, 2001 at 1 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
CE Software, Inc.
(515) 221-1801 ext. 3025 or (605) 235-1991
Software's QuicKeys X for Macintosh OS X Public Beta Version Now Available
Leading Macintosh automation software entirely redesigned for Mac OS X
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, July
16, 2001 - CE Software, Inc. (OTCBB Symbol: CESW), today announced a free public
beta version of QuicKeys X for Mac OS X available for download and evaluation from
its Web site (www.cesoft.com). Built from the ground up, QuicKeys X is a new product
specifically designed for Mac OS X. QuicKeys X capitalizes on the Aqua look and feel
of the Mac OS X environment. Other features include multi-step shortcuts, powerful
toolbars, type text, file management, timers and many more automation capabilities.
QuicKeys X is scheduled to ship in August.
"We are very pleased to
present QuicKeys for Mac OS X," said John S. Kirk, President of CE Software,
Inc. "QuicKeys X is a brand new product built for a new platform and offered
at a value packed price."
"I've been using QuicKeys
for years and really like the new look and feel of QuicKeys X," said Joe Rosenberg,
beta tester and ad agency executive. "It makes Mac OS X easier to use. QuicKeys
X has played an important part in my decision to adopt Mac OS X."
An essential Mac OS X utility,
QuicKeys X offers the following new features:
* Mac OS X compatibility with the Aqua look and feel.
* Combine individual actions into Multi-step Shortcuts.
* Easily modify, create or delete shortcuts and steps using the all-new QuicKeys
* New Sticky option allows multiple key-presses, expanding the number of hotkeys
that can be assigned.
* Transfer shortcuts to another computer or location with Shortcut Import & Export.
* Create custom toolbars that contain buttons for any or all of your shortcuts.
* QuicKeys X is written as an application.
* QuicKeys Dockling enables efficient ways to trigger shortcuts, edit toolbars and
control playback of shortcuts from the dock.
* Copy or move files to a specified folder.
* Type and check spelling of commonly used text with a single trigger.
* Open applications, documents, files and folders in one step.
* Insert the date and/or time in any application.
* Run Unix commands directly with a QuicKeys shortcut.
* Plus many more
QuicKeys 5.0 is the solution
of choice for Mac OS 9 and Classic mode. QuicKeys 2.0 for Windows remains the solution
of choice for those running Virtual PC.
QuicKeys is a personal productivity tool that eliminates repetitive and cumbersome
daily computing tasks. QuicKeys dramatically reduces the time and effort spent on
the Mac by automating routinely performed tasks on demand, in every application.
With QuicKeys, users can assign a single key, set a timer, or easily create powerful
custom toolbars to perform functions like opening a folder, typing text, and more.
QuicKeys can perform single and multi-step tasks quickly and accurately whenever
the user presses the hot key or clicks the toolbar button designated for that task.
All without having to learn a complicated programming language.
Pricing and Availability
Scheduled to ship in August, QuicKeys X for Macintosh will be available direct from
CE Software. The introductory price for QuicKeys X is $49.95. Call now to place your
advance order, 800-523-7638, or www.cesoft.com.
CE Software, Inc.
For two decades, CE Software, Inc. has developed automation utilities and e-mail
software that save time and effort for millions of Microsoft Windows 95 or greater,
Windows NT 4.0 or greater and Macintosh users.For more information:(515) 221-1801
© Copyright 2001
CE Software, Inc. All rights reserved. InOut Tracker, QuickConference, CE Software,
CE and the CE Software logo are trademarks. InOut Tracker is a registered trademark
of CE Software, Inc. All other brand or product names are trademarks of their respective