WEST DES MOINES, IA, June 21, 1999-- CE Software, Inc., a wholly owned
subsidiary of CE Software Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ SC Symbol: CESH), today announced
the release of QuickMail Office 2.0 for Macintosh, a major upgrade of its easy-to-use
Internet and interoffice E-mail system for mid-sized businesses. QuickMail Office
includes QuickMail Pro Server and QuickMail Pro 2.0 client software that features
all-new interface, advanced contact management features, hierarchical file folders
and dozens of other improvements. Free 30-day demos of QuickMail Office and QuickMail
Pro will be available later this month at: http://www.cesoft.com/quickmail/qm20downloads.html.
"QuickMail 2.0 is a quantum leap forward from version 1.0, with a clean, modern
look, new icons and tons of features," said Jason Pettis, preview tester and
system technologist for Systemation. "QuickMail 2.0 is extremely customizable,
and old address books were easily imported into the new Contact Manager. Rarely do
I get excited about software, but I really enjoy using QuickMail 2.0. It's a wonderful
E-mail program I can use everyday."
The QuickMail Pro 2.0 for Macintosh client software included in QuickMail Office
features dozens of improvements designed to make QuickMail easier-to-use and more
powerful than ever:
- A completely revised interface featuring a new "mail browser" window.
- A new address book that doubles as a contact manager.
- Multiple account support sends and receives mail from more than one account using
a single interface.
- Hierarchical or "nested" folders for organizing stored messages more
- New automated procedures for handling return receipts to reduce inbox clutter.
- A streamlined interface for creating MailManager rules and searching for filed
- Improved enclosure handling procedures, including double-click launching and compression.
- Access to Internet and proprietary directories with built-in directory services.
- Plus many more new features.
Preview Tester Doug Keller, director of computer resources at Westcoast Performance
Products USA, said, "I'm really impressed by the transformation taking place
with QuickMail Pro. Not only am I impressed with the new features but also with how
little the look and the feel have changed. They've been improved but not in a way
that makes me feel like I'm learning a new program."
Other preview testers agreed. "Simply the best E-mail client ever released,"
said Patrice Marillier, network engineer at Satelnet. "The nicest interface
and the fastest engine makes it very pleasant to use."
In addition to all-new QuickMail Pro client software, QuickMail Office 2.0 also includes
expanded Macintosh E-mail server capabilities such as:
- Unsend a message by canceling its delivery with the server.
- Compose a message ahead of time then schedule the server to deliver it at a specified
time and date.
- Built-in directory system provides the whole office with up-to-date E-mail addresses
and contact information.
- Server reduces network traffic by notifying clients when to check messages.
- Server-based MailManager rules keep messages sorted even when clients aren't running.
- Plus several additional speed and performance server enhancements.
Pricing and availability
New copies of QuickMail Office 2.0 for Macintosh are available now at $2,165.95 for
a 50-user pack, and upgrades from version 1.0 are $700 for a 50-user pack. QuickMail
Pro 2.0 for Macintosh, also available now, is $39.95 for a single user. QuickMail
Pro upgrades from version 1.0 are $12 per user. QuickMail Pro
2.0 for Windows will be available in August.
QuickMail Office 2.0 and QuickMail Pro 2.0 for Macintosh are available direct from
CE Software at (800) 523-7638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
and through national distributors such as Ingram Micro, mail-order catalogs such
as MacConnection and MacWarehouse, software resellers nationwide and via the Internet
CE Software, Inc.
For more than a decade, CE Software, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CE SOFTWARE
HOLDINGS, INC. (NASDAQ SC Symbol: CESH), has developed automation utilities and E-mail
software that save time and effort for millions of Microsoft Windows 95/98, Windows
NT and Macintosh users. For more information: (515) 221-1801 or www.cesoft.com.
© Copyright 1999 CE Software, Inc. All rights reserved. QuickMail, CE Software,
CE and the CE Software logo are trademarks of CE Software, Inc. Macintosh and the
Mac Logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. in the United States and
other countries. All other brand or product names are trademarks of their respective