WEST DES MOINES, IA, April 15, 1999 -- CE Software, Inc., a wholly owned
subsidiary of CE Software Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ SC Symbol: CESH), today announced
QuickMail Office 2.0, a major upgrade for its easy-to-use Internet and interoffice
E-mail system for mid-sized businesses. Version 2.0 features an all-new interface,
advanced contact management features, hierarchical folders for filed E-mail and dozens
of other improvements. QuickMail Office 2.0 will be available in June. A public beta
testing program begins today.
Known for its unique "all-in-one-box" approach to business E-mail, QuickMail
Office 2.0 includes updated QuickMail Pro client software for Macintosh and Windows
as well as an all-new version of the QuickMail Pro Server for Macintosh.
QuickMail Pro 2.0 client software features dozens of improvements designed to make
QuickMail easier to use and more powerful than ever:
- A completely revised interface featuring a new "mail browser" window.
- A new address book that doubles as a contact manager.
- Hierarchical or "nested" folders for organizing stored messages more
- New automated procedures for handling return receipts to reduce inbox clutter.
- A streamlined interface for creating MailManager rules and searching for filed
- Improved enclosure handling procedures, including double-click launching and compression.
- Access to Internet and proprietary directories with built-in directory services.
- Gather messages from multiple accounts into a single inbox.
- Plus many more new features.
In addition, QuickMail Office 2.0 also includes expanded Macintosh server capabilities
- Unsend a message by canceling its delivery with the server.
- Schedule a message for delivery at a specified time and date.
- Built-in directory server provides the whole office with up-to-date E-mail addresses
and contact information.
- Automatic, server-based storage and distribution of messages posted to a shared
electronic bulletin board.
- Server notifies clients when to check messages even when QuickMail Pro clients
are not running.
- Anti-spam and anti-relay mechanisms cut down on nuisance E-mail.
- Plus speed enhancements and several additional server enhancements.
"QuickMail's features go above and beyond the functionality typically expected
from an E-mail system," said Christian F. Gurney, president and CEO of CE Software.
"Customer feedback and an understanding of what business E-mail users want has
helped us update QuickMail Office and QuickMail Pro to be even more functional and
convenient for users. Version 2.0 is a must-have upgrade for QuickMail users and
a great alternative for anyone who wants a truly easy-to-use E-mail solution."
Pricing and availability
QuickMail Office 2.0 will be available in June. Organizations wishing to upgrade
should contact CE Software at (800) 523-7638 or E-mail email@example.com for an upgrade
quote. New purchases of QuickMail Pro, QuickMail Office or the QuickMail Pro Server
made after April 15 are eligible for a free upgrade to version 2.0. QuickMail Pro
2.0 will be available direct from CE Software at $12 for registered users of QuickMail
Pro 1.0 or later. New copies of QuickMail Pro will also be available for $39.95 from
CE Software and through national distributors such as Ingram Micro, mail-order catalogs
such as MacConnection and MacWarehouse, software resellers nationwide, and via the
Internet at www.cesoft.com.
CE Software, Inc.
For more than a decade, CE Software, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CE SOFTWARE
HOLDINGS, INC. (NASDAQ SC Symbol: CESH), has developed automation utilities and E-mail
software that save time and effort for millions of Microsoft Windows 95/98, Windows
NT and Mac OS users. For more information: 515/221-1801 or www.cesoft.com.
© Copyright 1999 CE Software, Inc. All rights reserved. CE Software, CE and
the CE Software logo are trademarks and QuicKeys is a registered trademark of CE
Software, Inc. Microsoft, Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other brand or product
names are trademarks of their respective owners.